Dreams To Journeys may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through links on the site. Thank you so much for your support. Keep informed.
Adobe Audition is a professional audio workstation.
It is one of the best digital audio editing programs in the industry.
You can use it to create, edit, mix, restore, and record podcasts, music, and sound effects.
A lot of its features look great, but problems arise when you begin to take a look at the price tag. Even though a lot of Adobe programs come with a free trial, not everyone can afford the $20 USD a month bill.
If that is something you can handle, by all means Visit Adobe.
Browse here to look for some Adobe student savings.
For the rest of us who are frugal and looking for something cheaper, here are Free 5 Adobe Audition Alternatives for you to check out.
Record, Edit, and Mix on Linux, macOS and Windows.
The core users of Ardour are those who want to record, edit, mix and master audio and MIDI projects. Ardour makes things work the way you want them to when you need complete control over your tools, when you need to work on a session for hours or days, or when you need to work around the limitations of other designs.
Ardour is the collaborative work of a worldwide team of professional recording engineers, musicians, and programmers. Being open-source not only means that it is free, but that the development process is transparent – anyone can observe it.
Free, open source, cross-platform audio software.
With Audacity, you can edit, record, and learn about audio. This audio editor is compatible with Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. The software was developed as a free and open source project.
Audacity is one of the most well known audio programs as it is very simple to use and straightforward to learn. If you ever need a few tips, there are tons of tutorials to be found on YouTube.
Audacity has been many beginner’s first Adobe Audition alternative because it is great at getting simple tasks done.
Download Cubase LE.
Cubase LE is a special compact version of Cubase Pro that also uses the same core technologies. You’re able to record, edit, and mix many sorts of audio files.
With Cubase LE, you’ll have all the tools you need to start making music on a computer for any genre and gain easy access to the world of computer-based music production.
Let’s make music with a free, cross-platform tool for your computer.
LMMS is a 100% free, open source project. It believe in a community based project so if you ever need to get in touch, you can check out their forum, or discord.
Here are a few things you can do with LMMS:
- You can create music by using melodies, beats, and sounds, as well as arranging samples and synthesizing sounds.
- You can play instruments, samples, and plugins with a keyboard or MIDI controller in a modern, user-friendly interface.
- You can use dozens of ready-to-use content like plugins, presets, and samples.
Easy, fast and powerful audio editor.
Ocenaudio is a cross-platform, easy-to-use, fast and powerful audio editor. Creators who want to edit or analyze audio files efficiently should use this program. The powerful features of Ocenaudio will even satisfy advanced users.
Some Ocenaudio perks:
- The Ocenaudio software runs on all major operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Whatever number of files you have open, Ocenaudio is always responsive. While time-consuming tasks (such as opening audio files and saving them, or applying effects) run in the background, you are free to work on other documents.
- Ocenaudio provides an in-depth spectrogram view. In this view, you can have the maximum amount of clarity in analyzing the spectral content of your audio signal.
Many of these free audio resources are not as popular as Adobe Audition, but they’re great for beginners because they are powerful while remaining free.