INKSCAPE is a free digital resource that helps you edit vectors to create vector images and graphics.
- Many features that are perfect for illustrators and web designers:
- Flexible drawing tools
- Broad file format compatibility
- A powerful text tool
- Bezier and spiro curves
- Object creation
- A pencil, pen, and calligraphy tool
- Multiple shape tools
- Object manipulation
- Transformations (moving, scaling, rotating, skewing)
- Grouping and aligning objects
- Fill and stroke
- Color selector and picker tool (RGB, HSL, CMYK, color wheel, CMS)
- Gradients and patterns
- Operations on paths
- Node alignment and distribution
- Path simplification, insetting and outsetting
- Text support
- Kerning, letterspacing, linespacing adjustments
- Text on path and text in shape
- Fully anti-aliased display
- Alpha transparency support to display and export PNGs
- File formats
- PNG, OpenDocument Drawing, DXF, sk1, PDF, EPS and PostScript
- Compliant SVG format file generation and editing
No. This resource does not require you to give attribution/credit.
Because mistakes can happen, and policies can change, I recommend you stay up to date with the resources you use, and if their usage rules are available, keep a copy of them for your own records. Keep informed.
If free resources ever become too limiting, you can explore new strategies, discover professional resources, or browse popular gear that help take your creative journey to the next level.