The trials and tribulations of life have a way of making us forget the important things. We neglect important matters that we should be focusing on during our path towards our goals. Here are a few reminders for a healthy journey:
- Your health is key, don’t neglect it
- Remember to take care of your mind
- Keep your body moving
- Eat nutritious meals
- Do daily stretches
- Get daily sunlight exposure
- Remember to get enough sleep
- Read something and write something
- Engage in new and exciting experiences
- Travel to new and unknown places
- Stay curious
- Experiences can create memories that last a lifetime
- Don’t dwell upon making things perfect, but learn to enjoy the process of improving
- Learn to love the process
- Remember to take a look around, and admire where you are, and how far you’ve come
- While you may desire a goal, remember to have fun along the way
- Find a way to love learning and therefore love growing
- Learn to not hesitate, but instead, seize the moment
- One simple action may change the course of your life
- Beware paralysis through analysis. A moment of reflection is fine, but don’t forget to act
- Don’t be afraid to seek advice
- Do not fear constructive criticism
- Be vigilant towards the path you want
- Eliminate what distracts you from your goals
- Grow your discipline
- Stop buying things you don’t need
- Don’t let toxic people bring you down
- Be dutiful in your actions
A final reminder
It’s okay not to be okay.
Sometimes we have to take a step back, in order to take two steps forward. And it can be very uncomfortable going backwards. You feel judged by your friends and family. You get FOMO when you look at your peers who are living their best lives. It can really really hurt.
But we have to remember to have patience. Journeys take time. Change takes time. Bad habits don’t just go away. Human bodies like to feel comfortable, so they reject change. So all of these tips are easier said than done.
How do I stay on the right path? How do I persevere?
A method that really works for me is by being accountable to my future self.
There’s a really easy way to sum up why I sometimes falter; why I neglect my health, why I don’t create new experiences, why I don’t trust the process, why I lose confidence, why I don’t focus: I focus on my current desires.
I found that the best way to have a more successful journey is to focus on my future self over my current self.
Does 2022 me want to take a walk? Nope. But 2030 me really needs me to take a walk.
Does 2022 me want to talk to that stranger? Nope. But 2030 me is really going to benefit from a new networking opportunity.
Does 2022 me want to play a video game right now? Yup. But 2030 me needs me to write 3 blog posts today.
All of this is a gradual game of increasing your self-awareness.
Because guess what? Sometimes your future version is going to benefit from playing your game. Sometimes they’re gonna be happy you didn’t waste time talking to a stranger.
The best thing you can do is keep these wellness tips in mind, make the right decision that feels right for you in the moment, take accountability if it goes right, take accountability if it goes wrong, and keep moving towards your goals.
I wish you well
I hope these reminders for a healthy journey brought you some value.
If you’d ever like more insights like these, please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter.
If not, no worries.
I wish you well, and good luck to you on your journey.
Subscribe to The Multifaceted newsletter to get creator economy insights, deals on digital products, and updates about free digital resources.
Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.