A popular open source, cross-platform video editor.
Dreams To Journeys may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through links on the site. Keep informed.
SHOTCUT is a free digital resource that helps you edit your video projects.
- Supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs
- Supports resolutions up to 4k and capture from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK & Pulse audio, IP stream, X11 screen and Windows DirectShow devices
- Supports drag-n-drop of assets from file manager
- Multiple dockable and undockable panels, including detailed media properties, recent files with search, playlist with thumbnail view, filter panel, and history view
- No import required – native timeline editing
- Webcam and audio capture
- Color, text, noise, and counter generators
A video tour of this resource’s features and how useful they can be for you on your journey.
No. This resource does not require you to give attribution/credit.
Because mistakes can happen, and policies can change, I recommend you stay up to date with the resources you use, and if their usage rules are available, keep a copy of them for your own records. Keep informed.
Explore This Resource
Visit the official website and discover if this free digital resource can bring you value.
If free resources ever become too limiting, you can explore new strategies, discover professional resources, or browse popular gear that help take your creative journey to the next level.
Subscribe to The Multifaceted
A newsletter for aspiring and beginner creators who want to start easier. Get creator economy insights, deals on digital products, and updates about free digital resources.
Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.